- The Last Horror Blog: 'Ma,' 'The Curse of La Llorona,' 'Happy Death Day 2U'
- Today in Movie Culture: The Making of Movie Tie-In Action Figures, More Robert Pattinson as Batman Fan Art and More
- Edgy Octavia Spencer Stars in 'Ma'; Here's Everything We Know
- Danny Boyle's 'Yesterday' Gets First Trailer; Here's Everything We Know
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Aladdin' Meets 'It,' 'RoboCop' in Real Life and More
If you’re a child of the ‘80s or ‘90s, you’re familiar with Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. The series of children’s books, written by Alvin Schwartz and initially illustrated by Stephen Gammell, were staples of every boy and girl’s book shelf and provided so many of them with so many nightmares. Now there’s a movie adaptation of some of the bone-chilling tales found in the pages of that iconic collection.
Our first look at the movie came in the form of four brief teasers aired during Super Bowl LIII, and they definitely look terrifying — especially for the younger audience these books were written for. Is the movie version still aiming for that same crowd? Maybe on the older end of the originally intended age range. Check…