- The Last Horror Blog: 'Ma,' 'The Curse of La Llorona,' 'Happy Death Day 2U'
- Today in Movie Culture: The Making of Movie Tie-In Action Figures, More Robert Pattinson as Batman Fan Art and More
- Edgy Octavia Spencer Stars in 'Ma'; Here's Everything We Know
- Danny Boyle's 'Yesterday' Gets First Trailer; Here's Everything We Know
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Aladdin' Meets 'It,' 'RoboCop' in Real Life and More
Universal Pictures has pulled back the curtains on Mortal Engines, a steampunk fantasy film presented by Peter Jackson. Jackson is also responsible for the film’s screenplay alongside writing partners Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, the trio behind The Lord of the Rings.
Mortal Engines promises to be one of the biggest special effects spectacles of the year, and ahead of the release, we chatted with director Christian Rivers about the challenges of creating the movie’s villain, the hero’s facial disfigurements and the mobile cities. Watch the video interview down below after learning more about the YA adaptation.
Here’s everything we know about Mortal Engines:
What’s the movie about?
Based on Philip Reeve’s series of the same name…