- What's New on Home Video in March 2019
- The Month in Movies: What's in Theaters This March
- The Last Horror Blog: 'Ma,' 'The Curse of La Llorona,' 'Happy Death Day 2U'
- Today in Movie Culture: The Making of Movie Tie-In Action Figures, More Robert Pattinson as Batman Fan Art and More
- Edgy Octavia Spencer Stars in 'Ma'; Here's Everything We Know
We’re now just a couple of short weeks away from the first early, public screenings of WB’s Aquaman, directed by James Wan, starring Jason Momoa and Amber Heard, and based on the long-running DC Comics character. For years, Aquaman as a character has had to battle against perceptions from a public that loves expressing misguided opinions, painting him as a hero who is weak, whose powers are useless, whose villains are forgettable, and whose stories can’t possibly have any relevance since they take place out in the ocean.
It doesn’t stop with the comics-agnostic. Some comic book fans – embedded comics fans, even – jumped on that bandwagon in years past without ever having picked up an issue of the character’s various monthly series, or even seeing…