- The Last Horror Blog: 'Ma,' 'The Curse of La Llorona,' 'Happy Death Day 2U'
- Today in Movie Culture: The Making of Movie Tie-In Action Figures, More Robert Pattinson as Batman Fan Art and More
- Edgy Octavia Spencer Stars in 'Ma'; Here's Everything We Know
- Danny Boyle's 'Yesterday' Gets First Trailer; Here's Everything We Know
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Aladdin' Meets 'It,' 'RoboCop' in Real Life and More
As long as you’re going to remake a movie, you might as well do something different with the material. That’s why musical remakes are so much more interesting than straight rehashes. They tend to follow the original movie being turned into a Broadway musical with that stage production then being re-adapted for the screen. We’ve seen it recently with Hairspray and The Producers but music-infused remakes used to be a pretty common occurrence in Hollywood.
Now Steven Spielberg is getting in on the fun. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the director, who is also currently at work on a redo of the musical West Side Story, is revisiting the Alice Walker novel The Color Purple, which he previously turned into an Oscar-nominated motion picture back in 1985 (the…