- Today in Movie Culture: The Sound Design of the 'Harry Potter' Movies, Pixar Shorts Easter Eggs and More
- Find Your Courage in First 'Dumbo' Trailer; Here's Everything We Know
- Today in Movie Culture: The Truth About Dumbledore, What Movies Get Right About Hackers and More
- The Rock Returns to Wrestling in 'Fighting With My Family' Trailer; Here's Everything We Know
- 'The Equalizer 2' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases
Jamie Lee Curtis returns as Laurie Strode in David Gordon Green’s Halloween (above), a sequel that arrives 40 years after John Carpenter’s classic original. Defying modest expectations, the low-budget thriller earned the best opening weekend in the history of the horror franchise, taking in an estimated $77.5 million at the box office; critical reaction has been favorable as well.
Halloween picks up 40 years after the events in the original, ignoring everything that happened in all past sequels. Still, that’s not even the longest lapse in years between an original and a sequel to be released this year! We look into more long-awaited sequels below.
‘The Girl in the Spider’s Web’
Created by author Stieg Larsson in a trilogy of mystery novels…