- 'Incredibles 2' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Halloween' Meets 'Making a Murderer,' Guide to the MCU's NYC Locations and More
- Next 3 Long-awaited Sequels: 'The Girl in the Spider's Web,' 'Mary Poppins Returns,' 'Zombieland 2'
- Comics on Film: With No Movies in Sight, Would a Return to TV Be Better for Superman?
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse' Music Video, Harrison Ford in 'Solo' and More
Disney’s live-action adaptations of their animated classics are serious business. Even this year’s Christopher Robin quietly grossed more than $180 million worldwide. There are many more to come, including four features arriving in 2019 alone: Dumbo, Aladdin, The Lion King and Lady and the Tramp, the last of which hits the new streaming service Disney Play later in the year.
Aladdin is sure to be huge, as the 1992 animated version is considered a favorite among all Disney’s classics, not just those from the modern era. And if we weren’t sure of this beforehand, we definitely guarantee massive success now that the studio has unveiled the first trailer for the movie. Watch it down below after reading more about the adaptation.
Here’s everything we know…