- The Last Horror Blog: 'Ma,' 'The Curse of La Llorona,' 'Happy Death Day 2U'
- Today in Movie Culture: The Making of Movie Tie-In Action Figures, More Robert Pattinson as Batman Fan Art and More
- Edgy Octavia Spencer Stars in 'Ma'; Here's Everything We Know
- Danny Boyle's 'Yesterday' Gets First Trailer; Here's Everything We Know
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Aladdin' Meets 'It,' 'RoboCop' in Real Life and More
Suicide Squad is one of the highest-grossing of the Worlds of DC movies ($747 million worldwide). It’s also one of the worst-reviewed of that franchise (28% on Rotten Tomatoes), also known as the DC Extended Universe. The former being more important to the studios, there was no doubt the comic book adaptation, focused on a team of villains gathered to save the world, would get a sequel. Improving upon the original would be a bonus, and doing so would be an easy goal.
Various filmmakers have been linked to Suicide Squad 2 as possibilities to replace the original’s David Ayer, most recently Gavin O’Connor (The Accountant). The latest, however, is a very interesting pick. James Gunn (pictured), who recently parted ways with Disney and Marvel without…