- 'Venom' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases
- First 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer Arrives as Release Date Moves Up; Here's Everything We Know
- Today in Movie Culture: All of Christian Bale's Physical Transformations, a History of Italian Horror and More
- The Last Horror Blog: 'Suspiria,' 'Halloween,' 'The Demonologist' and More
- 2019 Golden Globe Award Nominations: 'Vice' and 'The Favourite' Lead All As 'Black Panther' Makes History
Suicide Squad is one of the highest-grossing of the Worlds of DC movies ($747 million worldwide). It’s also one of the worst-reviewed of that franchise (28% on Rotten Tomatoes), also known as the DC Extended Universe. The former being more important to the studios, there was no doubt the comic book adaptation, focused on a team of villains gathered to save the world, would get a sequel. Improving upon the original would be a bonus, and doing so would be an easy goal.
Various filmmakers have been linked to Suicide Squad 2 as possibilities to replace the original’s David Ayer, most recently Gavin O’Connor (The Accountant). The latest, however, is a very interesting pick. James Gunn (pictured), who recently parted ways with Disney and Marvel without…