- 'Venom' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases
- First 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer Arrives as Release Date Moves Up; Here's Everything We Know
- Today in Movie Culture: All of Christian Bale's Physical Transformations, a History of Italian Horror and More
- The Last Horror Blog: 'Suspiria,' 'Halloween,' 'The Demonologist' and More
- 2019 Golden Globe Award Nominations: 'Vice' and 'The Favourite' Lead All As 'Black Panther' Makes History
For the 25th official installment of the James Bond franchise, fans expect something special. Fortunately, the next movie, which is currently known as “Bond 25,” should be a treat. Not only is Daniel Craig planning to finish out his run as 007 with a bang, but the series also has a new director with a terrific track record on board.
Replacing the recently departed Danny Boyle, True Detective and Beasts of No Nation (above) director Cary Fukunaga has been tapped by Bond franchise producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, as announced on Twitter. Craig himself was cited as one of the people sharing the news, indicating that he likely had a say in the choice.
In addition to revealing the new director, MGM and EON announced the movie has a…