- Comics on Film: With No Movies in Sight, Would a Return to TV Be Better for Superman?
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse' Music Video, Harrison Ford in 'Solo' and More
- The Week in Movie News: Idris Elba Joins 'Cats,' the Warrens Return in 'Annabelle 3' and More
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' Alternate Endings and VFX Breakdown and More
- 'The Curse of La Llorona' Trailer Introduces the Terrifying "Weeping Woman"; Here's Everything We Know
For the 25th official installment of the James Bond franchise, fans expect something special. Fortunately, the next movie, which is currently known as “Bond 25,” should be a treat. Not only is Daniel Craig planning to finish out his run as 007 with a bang, but the series also has a new director with a terrific track record on board.
Replacing the recently departed Danny Boyle, True Detective and Beasts of No Nation (above) director Cary Fukunaga has been tapped by Bond franchise producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, as announced on Twitter. Craig himself was cited as one of the people sharing the news, indicating that he likely had a say in the choice.
In addition to revealing the new director, MGM and EON announced the movie has a…