- 'Venom' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases
- First 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer Arrives as Release Date Moves Up; Here's Everything We Know
- Today in Movie Culture: All of Christian Bale's Physical Transformations, a History of Italian Horror and More
- The Last Horror Blog: 'Suspiria,' 'Halloween,' 'The Demonologist' and More
- 2019 Golden Globe Award Nominations: 'Vice' and 'The Favourite' Lead All As 'Black Panther' Makes History
Batman is eternal.
That much is certain. Whatever happens behind the scenes of the stories being told for the character – regardless of the medium – will likely never diminish the public adoration that he’s enjoyed for the better part of a century now. Still, when dealing with telling Batman stories particularly in live-action, the fact of the matter is that the timeless icon has to be embodied by a real person.
That always opens up the possibilities of human foibles and flaws interfering, somehow, with the depiction of the Dark Knight on film or television.
Warner Bros. could be at a turning point in the very near future when it comes to Batman on the silver screen, and even though we may be in for a change in the future, again: Batman is eternal…