- 'Venom' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases
- First 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer Arrives as Release Date Moves Up; Here's Everything We Know
- Today in Movie Culture: All of Christian Bale's Physical Transformations, a History of Italian Horror and More
- The Last Horror Blog: 'Suspiria,' 'Halloween,' 'The Demonologist' and More
- 2019 Golden Globe Award Nominations: 'Vice' and 'The Favourite' Lead All As 'Black Panther' Makes History
Back in May, a new, 70mm print of Stanley Kubrick’s classic 2001: A Space Odyssey debuted at the Cannes Film Festival, thanks in part to the efforts of filmmaker Christopher Nolan. The new print played in select theaters earlier this summer.
More recently, a magnificent 4K restoration of the film has been playing in theaters nationwide. The wonder of seeing the timeless classic on the big screen made us wonder what new, sci-fi worlds will arriving in theaters in the coming months. Let’s look ahead to next year and consider three titles that caught our eye.
Brad Pitt (War Machine, above) stars as an Army Corps engineer who is searching across the universe for his father, “who disappeared [20 years before] on a mission to find alien life."…