- 'Venom' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases
- First 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer Arrives as Release Date Moves Up; Here's Everything We Know
- Today in Movie Culture: All of Christian Bale's Physical Transformations, a History of Italian Horror and More
- The Last Horror Blog: 'Suspiria,' 'Halloween,' 'The Demonologist' and More
- 2019 Golden Globe Award Nominations: 'Vice' and 'The Favourite' Lead All As 'Black Panther' Makes History
We’ve known for a while now that director Todd Phillips (The Hangover) would be shepherding a new film based on DC Comics’ ultimate villain, the Joker. What we now don’t seem to know is what’s really happening with it behind the scenes, since a relatively high-profile piece of casting news seemed to come and go without much ceremony recently.
Beyond that, though, details of that casting news seemed to indicate something of a departure from the source material that defines the characters the film will be based on, and not in a particularly good way, either. While the movie is still a bit fascinating based simply on who is involved and which character it will be portraying, some new questions about the as-yet untitled Joker film are emerging that may warrant…