- Next 3 Timothée Chalamet Movies: 'The King,' 'Little Women,' 'Dune'
- The Week in Movie News: James Gunn Writing 'Suicide Squad 2,' First 'Pet Sematary' Trailer and More
- Today in Movie Culture: Comparing the New 'Aladdin' to the Old 'Aladdin,' 'Vice' Meets 'American Psycho' and More
- Comics on Film: In James Gunn, Marvel's Loss Is DC's Gain
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Candy Crush' Fake Movie Trailer, 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' VFX Breakdown and More
We’ve known for a while now that director Todd Phillips (The Hangover) would be shepherding a new film based on DC Comics’ ultimate villain, the Joker. What we now don’t seem to know is what’s really happening with it behind the scenes, since a relatively high-profile piece of casting news seemed to come and go without much ceremony recently.
Beyond that, though, details of that casting news seemed to indicate something of a departure from the source material that defines the characters the film will be based on, and not in a particularly good way, either. While the movie is still a bit fascinating based simply on who is involved and which character it will be portraying, some new questions about the as-yet untitled Joker film are emerging that may warrant…