- First 'Toy Story 4' Trailer Teases Fun to Come; Here's Everything We Know
- In 'Widows,' Crime Gets a New Face; Here's Everything We Know
- Next 3 Major Family Movies: 'A Dog's Way Home,' 'The Kid Who Would Be King,' 'Dumbo'
- The Week in Movie News: Spielberg Revisiting 'The Color Purple,' First 'Missing Link' Trailer and More
- Today in Movie Culture: How 'Fantastic Beasts 2' Connects to 'Harry Potter,' Why the Grinch is Right and More
We’ve known for a while now that director Todd Phillips (The Hangover) would be shepherding a new film based on DC Comics’ ultimate villain, the Joker. What we now don’t seem to know is what’s really happening with it behind the scenes, since a relatively high-profile piece of casting news seemed to come and go without much ceremony recently.
Beyond that, though, details of that casting news seemed to indicate something of a departure from the source material that defines the characters the film will be based on, and not in a particularly good way, either. While the movie is still a bit fascinating based simply on who is involved and which character it will be portraying, some new questions about the as-yet untitled Joker film are emerging that may warrant…