- Patrick Stewart Joins the 'Charlie's Angels' Reboot; Here's Everything We Know
- The First 'Captain Marvel' Trailer Has Landed; Here's Everything We Know So Far
- DVD Obscura: Ethan Hawke Shines in 'First Reformed,' Plus More Essentials for Home Video Fans
- First 'Captain Marvel' Trailer Arrives Tuesday Morning; Here's Everything We Know So Far
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Predator' Meets 'Home Alone,' Imagining Michael B. Jordan as Superman and More
We’ve known for a while now that director Todd Phillips (The Hangover) would be shepherding a new film based on DC Comics’ ultimate villain, the Joker. What we now don’t seem to know is what’s really happening with it behind the scenes, since a relatively high-profile piece of casting news seemed to come and go without much ceremony recently.
Beyond that, though, details of that casting news seemed to indicate something of a departure from the source material that defines the characters the film will be based on, and not in a particularly good way, either. While the movie is still a bit fascinating based simply on who is involved and which character it will be portraying, some new questions about the as-yet untitled Joker film are emerging that may warrant…