- The Week in Movie News: A Marvel Icon Passed On, The First 'Detective Pikachu' Trailer Debuted and More
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Back to the Future' Delorean Hovercraft, Joe Taslim as Marvel's Namor and More
- DVD Obscura: 'Never Goin' Back,' 'King Cohen,' 'Mandy' and Much More
- Today in Movie Culture: The Sound Design of the 'Harry Potter' Movies, Pixar Shorts Easter Eggs and More
- Find Your Courage in First 'Dumbo' Trailer; Here's Everything We Know
We’ve known for a while that Sony Pictures has screen rights to some 900 Marvel characters. With the upcoming release of Venom on the horizon, their plans for the future are now coming more clearly into focus.
With the anticipation that Venom will enjoy a successful launch when it opens in theaters, Sony is developing a number of other movies, both sequels and stand-alone features, according to Variety. The company is also “open to having other characters from its Spider-Man films pop up in Marvel movies that are produced under the Disney aegis, and would presumably also like to see an Avenger or two cameo in its own movies.” For now, here’s everything we know about Sony’s plans for its Spider-Man universe.
Venom (October 5, 2018)