- Cary Fukunaga Will Direct the Next James Bond Movie; Here's Everything We Know
- Today in Movie Culture: John Carpenter's New 'Halloween' Theme, 'Captain Marvel' Easter Eggs and More
- 'Sicario: Day of the Soldado' and 'The First Purge' Come Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases
- Today in Movie Culture: Alternate 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Endings, the Sound of '80s Movies and More
- Patrick Stewart Joins the 'Charlie's Angels' Reboot; Here's Everything We Know
We’ve known for a while that Sony Pictures has screen rights to some 900 Marvel characters. With the upcoming release of Venom on the horizon, their plans for the future are now coming more clearly into focus.
With the anticipation that Venom will enjoy a successful launch when it opens in theaters, Sony is developing a number of other movies, both sequels and stand-alone features, according to Variety. The company is also “open to having other characters from its Spider-Man films pop up in Marvel movies that are produced under the Disney aegis, and would presumably also like to see an Avenger or two cameo in its own movies.” For now, here’s everything we know about Sony’s plans for its Spider-Man universe.
Venom (October 5, 2018)