- 'Venom' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases
- First 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer Arrives as Release Date Moves Up; Here's Everything We Know
- Today in Movie Culture: All of Christian Bale's Physical Transformations, a History of Italian Horror and More
- The Last Horror Blog: 'Suspiria,' 'Halloween,' 'The Demonologist' and More
- 2019 Golden Globe Award Nominations: 'Vice' and 'The Favourite' Lead All As 'Black Panther' Makes History
Long in development, a new big-screen version of Frank Herbert’s Dune is moving forward and may have found its star. Read onward to learn everything we know.
What’s the latest news?
Academy Award nominee Timothée Chalamet (Call Me By Your Name, top) is “in final talks” to star in Dune, according to Deadline. The actor can next be seen in the drama Beautiful Boy, due for release on October 12.
Who is directing?
Denis Villeneuve (Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049). The director said earlier this year that “the goal is to make two films, maybe more.”
What’s it about?
Published in 1965, Frank Herbert’s extremely popular and award-winning ecological novel revolves around a spice that is the most valuable commodity in a far-future…