- Comics on Film: What We Know about 'Green Lantern Corps' and Tom Cruise
- Today in Movie Culture: Superman vs. Skeletor, the Trademarks of a Peter Berg Movie and More
- The Week in Movie News: First Look at Live-Action 'Mulan,' Dora the Explorer' and More
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Avengers: Infinity War' as a Video Game, Imagining Tom Cruise as Green Lantern and More
- DVD Obscura: 'Lean on Pete,' 'Ismael's Ghosts,' 'Hitler's Hollywood' and Much More
Long in development, a new big-screen version of Frank Herbert’s Dune is moving forward and may have found its star. Read onward to learn everything we know.
What’s the latest news?
Academy Award nominee Timothée Chalamet (Call Me By Your Name, top) is “in final talks” to star in Dune, according to Deadline. The actor can next be seen in the drama Beautiful Boy, due for release on October 12.
Who is directing?
Denis Villeneuve (Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049). The director said earlier this year that “the goal is to make two films, maybe more.”
What’s it about?
Published in 1965, Frank Herbert’s extremely popular and award-winning ecological novel revolves around a spice that is the most valuable commodity in a far-future…