- John Oliver Puts Ivanka Trump in 'Get Out,' Releases More Unaired Graphics
- Joe Walsh Explains His Support to Arm Toddlers on 'Who Is America?'
- Dark Horse to Preview 'Stranger Things' Comic Book at Comic-Con
- Assassin Screenplay 'Nice' to Become a Comic Book
- TV Ratings: World Cup Final Drops 15 Percent From 2014, Posts Fox Best
After Marvel Studios reportedly vetted more than 70 women filmmakers for the job, then the selection was down to three shortlisted favorites, Cate Shortland has been hired to direct the solo Black Widow movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Shortland is a relatively unknown filmmaker who hails from Australia. But she’s been a big deal on the festival circuit with award-winning shorts and features, the latter including the 2012 Nazi drama Lore and last year’s Sundance selection Berlin Syndrome.
Apparently, Scarlett Johansson, who will reprise her role as Black Widow for the Marvel Cinematic Universe installment, pushed for Shortland. Find out more below.
Previous update: Fans have been begging Marvel for a Black Widow movie for almost a decade and now the…