- Next 3 Timothée Chalamet Movies: 'The King,' 'Little Women,' 'Dune'
- The Week in Movie News: James Gunn Writing 'Suicide Squad 2,' First 'Pet Sematary' Trailer and More
- Today in Movie Culture: Comparing the New 'Aladdin' to the Old 'Aladdin,' 'Vice' Meets 'American Psycho' and More
- Comics on Film: In James Gunn, Marvel's Loss Is DC's Gain
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Candy Crush' Fake Movie Trailer, 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' VFX Breakdown and More
Update: Warner Bros. has officially greenlit its standalone Joker movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Joaquin Phoenix has also been locked in for the role of the iconic DC Comics character. Filming will begin in September with a budget of only $55 million, which is pretty low for a comic book movie these days.
(Read our previous report on the casting and then check out everything we know about the movie so far below.)
Arguably the most iconic comic book villain of all time, The Joker needs an appropriately great actor to play him. In the past we’ve seen Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger and Jared Leto portray the Batman nemesis, and now comes news that Joaquin Phoenix is next. Variety reports that the actor is in talks (but not yet negotiations) for the…