- Next 3 Timothée Chalamet Movies: 'The King,' 'Little Women,' 'Dune'
- The Week in Movie News: James Gunn Writing 'Suicide Squad 2,' First 'Pet Sematary' Trailer and More
- Today in Movie Culture: Comparing the New 'Aladdin' to the Old 'Aladdin,' 'Vice' Meets 'American Psycho' and More
- Comics on Film: In James Gunn, Marvel's Loss Is DC's Gain
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Candy Crush' Fake Movie Trailer, 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' VFX Breakdown and More
While Jamie Foxx has been confirmed for the title role in Todd McFarlane’s Spawn reboot, the Hell-spawned superhero is not actually the main character of his own movie. Instead, the protagonist of Spawn is Detective Maximilian Steven Percival “Twitch” Williams III, a cop described by McFarlane as being like Sheriff Brody in Jaws. Spawn is, therefore, the movie’s shark.
For the part of Twitch, McFarlane has cast Jeremy Renner, according to Deadline. “He will be the face of the film,” says McFarlane, who created the comic book characters, adapted them for the screenplay and will be making his directorial debut with the feature. He continues to praise Renner as the best person to take the lead in Spawn:
“I’m a huge fan of his. The…