- 'Stranger Things' Teaser Reveals New Season 3 Setting
- 'Zombieland 2' Finally Confirmed; Here's Everything We Know
- Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Who Is America?': What the Critics Are Saying
- 'UnREAL' Officially Ending as Season 4 Bows on Hulu
- 'Counterpart' Actor Guy Burnet Talks Having a "Front Row Seat" to Co-Star J.K. Simmons
While Jamie Foxx has been confirmed for the title role in Todd McFarlane’s Spawn reboot, the Hell-spawned superhero is not actually the main character of his own movie. Instead, the protagonist of Spawn is Detective Maximilian Steven Percival “Twitch” Williams III, a cop described by McFarlane as being like Sheriff Brody in Jaws. Spawn is, therefore, the movie’s shark.
For the part of Twitch, McFarlane has cast Jeremy Renner, according to Deadline. “He will be the face of the film,” says McFarlane, who created the comic book characters, adapted them for the screenplay and will be making his directorial debut with the feature. He continues to praise Renner as the best person to take the lead in Spawn:
“I’m a huge fan of his. The…