- Today in Movie Culture: 'The Dark Knight' vs. Tim Burton's 'Batman,' Sound Editing vs. Sound Mixing and More
- New 'Robin Hood' Trailer Introduces a Thief in Training; Here's Everything We Know
- Charlize Theron in 'Tully' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases
- Timothée Chalamet to Star in 'Dune'; Here's Everything We Know
- New 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Trailer Rocks the House; Here's Everything We Know
While Jamie Foxx has been confirmed for the title role in Todd McFarlane’s Spawn reboot, the Hell-spawned superhero is not actually the main character of his own movie. Instead, the protagonist of Spawn is Detective Maximilian Steven Percival “Twitch” Williams III, a cop described by McFarlane as being like Sheriff Brody in Jaws. Spawn is, therefore, the movie’s shark.
For the part of Twitch, McFarlane has cast Jeremy Renner, according to Deadline. “He will be the face of the film,” says McFarlane, who created the comic book characters, adapted them for the screenplay and will be making his directorial debut with the feature. He continues to praise Renner as the best person to take the lead in Spawn:
“I’m a huge fan of his. The…