- Next 3 Timothée Chalamet Movies: 'The King,' 'Little Women,' 'Dune'
- The Week in Movie News: James Gunn Writing 'Suicide Squad 2,' First 'Pet Sematary' Trailer and More
- Today in Movie Culture: Comparing the New 'Aladdin' to the Old 'Aladdin,' 'Vice' Meets 'American Psycho' and More
- Comics on Film: In James Gunn, Marvel's Loss Is DC's Gain
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Candy Crush' Fake Movie Trailer, 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' VFX Breakdown and More
We’ve been wondering if Lando Calrissian would show up in the current Star Wars trilogy. The popular scoundrel from the original trilogy was a big part of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, and his absence from The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi has left fans wondering what became of the traitor turned hero of the rebel fleet.
Lando was given a minor update in the recent official-canon book Bloodline and is a big part of another new book called Last Shot. Meanwhile, we just met his younger self as portrayed by Donald Glover in Solo: A Star Wars Story (young Lando might also get his own spinoff). As for the original version, actor Billy Dee Williams has been publicly stating he wants back in for an onscreen reprisal.
Williams has gotten his wish…