- Today in Movie Culture: 'Halloween' Franchise Recap, Terminator vs. RoboCop and More
- Next 3 Timothée Chalamet Movies: 'The King,' 'Little Women,' 'Dune'
- The Week in Movie News: James Gunn Writing 'Suicide Squad 2,' First 'Pet Sematary' Trailer and More
- Today in Movie Culture: Comparing the New 'Aladdin' to the Old 'Aladdin,' 'Vice' Meets 'American Psycho' and More
- Comics on Film: In James Gunn, Marvel's Loss Is DC's Gain
What’s new on home video? For those of us interested in watching indie and foreign films and/or documentaries and/or grindhouse titles and/or classic cinema and/or television shows, the answer is easy: plenty! Here’s our guide to the latest and greatest.
You may well have missed Dayveon (FilmRise/MVD) during its all-too-brief theatrical run in 2017, but it’s a drama that packs a real punch. Amman Abbasi’s directorial debut follows its 13-year-old lead character through a long, hot summer in Arkansas in which the young man finds himself inexorably drawn into gang life. Populated with a cast of newcomers, the film has a neorealist feel that makes the drama that much more powerful. A powerful film from a new cinematic voice.
Also available: Director…