- The Week in Movie News: A Marvel Icon Passed On, The First 'Detective Pikachu' Trailer Debuted and More
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Back to the Future' Delorean Hovercraft, Joe Taslim as Marvel's Namor and More
- DVD Obscura: 'Never Goin' Back,' 'King Cohen,' 'Mandy' and Much More
- Today in Movie Culture: The Sound Design of the 'Harry Potter' Movies, Pixar Shorts Easter Eggs and More
- Find Your Courage in First 'Dumbo' Trailer; Here's Everything We Know
Reviews for Solo: A Star Wars Story aren’t the best, but almost every critic is in agreement about one thing: Donald Glover’s Lando Calrissian is terrific. The Atlanta star portrays the suave gambler, originally played by Billy Dee Williams in the first Star Wars trilogy, and along with the character’s droid companion L3 (Phoebe Waller-Bridge), he’s stealing the movie out from under young Han Solo himself, Alden Ehrenreich.
Solo, which comes out next week, leaves room for a sequel. Ehrenreich has a three-picture option for the character, and director Ron Howard has suggested it’s up to the fans (via box office success) to determine if Solo 2 actually happens. However, critics and possibly the fans might prefer a Lando…