- The Last Horror Blog: 'Ma,' 'The Curse of La Llorona,' 'Happy Death Day 2U'
- Today in Movie Culture: The Making of Movie Tie-In Action Figures, More Robert Pattinson as Batman Fan Art and More
- Edgy Octavia Spencer Stars in 'Ma'; Here's Everything We Know
- Danny Boyle's 'Yesterday' Gets First Trailer; Here's Everything We Know
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Aladdin' Meets 'It,' 'RoboCop' in Real Life and More
It’s a ’90s dream come true in the “Destination Wedding” trailer, which reunites Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder.
The stars first worked together on 1992’s “Dracula” and team up again for this light-hearted comedy about two socially awkward guests at the titular event. He’s grumpy and sarcastic; she’s finicky and had a thing once for the groom. They don’t like each other much at first, but their outsider status pushes them together and they start to bond.
Reeves and Ryder also worked together on 2006’s “A Scanner Darkly” and 2009’s “The Private Lives of Pippa Lee.” That history shines through even in this brief trailer.
“As a fan, I have such longstanding love for both of them and for their work, so it feels really good to see them together again,” writer/director Victor Levin told People. “And as a filmmaker, I have the benefit of their having known each other for so long. They have superb natural chemistry together, which is so important for a love story.”
“Destination Wedding” opens in theaters August 24.