- 'The Equalizer 2' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases
- Today in Movie Culture: Alternate 'Fantastic Beasts' Endings, 'Detective Pikachu' Easter Eggs and More
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Harry Potter' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Recap, a Tribute to Exposition Scenes and More
- Comic Book Legend Stan Lee, 95, Passes Away
- Watch the First 'Pokemon: Detective Pikachu' Trailer; Here's Everything We Know
The Rock is ready to roll and save humankind once again.
Warner Bros. dropped a new trailer for “Rampage,” a movie based on the 1980s arcade game. Dwayne Johnson stars as a primatologist who has a deep connection with a gorilla he raised from birth named George. But then George is exposed to a genetic compound and he, a crocodile and a wolf all grow to enormous size and proceed to, well, rampage.
These new apex predators battle each other for supremacy, tearing across North America and destroying everything in their path. It’s up to Johnson and a genetic engineer (Naomie Harris) to find an antidote and save the world.
The trailer looks pretty much like Johnson’s other action thrillers. As usual, he’s a fairly ordinary guy who finds himself in extraordinary circumstances. Luckily, he has the physique to handle them.
“Rampage” also stars Malin Akerman, Joe Manganiello, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and opens in theaters April 20.