- Next 3 Surprising Comedies: 'The Upside,' 'What Men Want,' 'Tyler Perry's A Madea Family Funeral'
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' VFX Breakdown, 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' Lego Set and More
- 'Halloween' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases
- Watch First, Totally Unnerving 'Us' Trailer; Here's Everything We Know
- Comics on Film: The Excellent 'Aquaman' Proves That the DC Universe Lives
“John Wick’s” next assignment could be the small screen.
Starz is developing a television series based on the film franchise starring Keanu Reeves as a hitman. Reeves will not star in the series, titled “The Continental,” but will serve as an executive producer and may make an appearance at some point.
The show would take place within the “John Wick” universe and revolve around the mysterious Continental Hotel, a refuge for hired assassins. Starz noted it “maintains the urgency of the action along with the dry humor from the ‘John Wick’ movies.”
Writer/producer Chris Collins (“Sons of Anarchy,” “The Man in the High Castle”) will pen the script and serve as showrunner should the project get the greenlight.
“This series is truly unlike anything else on TV,” said Starz CEO Chris Albrecht. “‘The Continental’ promises to include the thunderous fight sequences and intensely staged shootouts between professional assassins and their targets that fans have come to expect in the John Wick movie franchise as well as introducing some new, darkly compelling characters who inhabit this underground world.”
The two “John Wick” movies have earned over $300 million at the box office and spun off a hit virtual reality mobile game.