- Next 3 Long-awaited Sequels: 'The Girl in the Spider's Web,' 'Mary Poppins Returns,' 'Zombieland 2'
- Comics on Film: With No Movies in Sight, Would a Return to TV Be Better for Superman?
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse' Music Video, Harrison Ford in 'Solo' and More
- The Week in Movie News: Idris Elba Joins 'Cats,' the Warrens Return in 'Annabelle 3' and More
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' Alternate Endings and VFX Breakdown and More
You should watch The Rock’s challenge video below for the Kevin Hart/cat insult alone.
In “Rampage,” an adaptation of the 1980s video game, Dwayne Johnson plays Davis Okoye, a primatologist whose best friend is a 7-foot-tall, 500-pound rare albino silverback gorilla named George. Naomie Harris costars as genetic scientist Dr. Kate Caldwell, with Jeffrey Dean Morgan as government agent Harvey Russell, and Malin Akerman as the villainous Claire Wyden.
USA Today shared the first two photos from the movie, with the first trailer arriving this Thursday, Nov. 16. “Rampage” follows an experimental serum gone wrong, leaving George and other creatures growing enormous and going on a path of destruction.
Here are Dwayne Johnson and Naomie Harris in action:
In honor of the movie’s big week, The Rock issued a big challenge for his fans:
It’s a #BigMeetsBigger kinda week. Our new #RAMPAGEMovie trailer drops this THURSDAY. My best friend in the movie is a BIG boy. Big as in a MASSIVE rare albino Silverback, named George. Here’s the challenge: post pics what’s BIG in your life. Could be you and a huge animal, a human pyramid with you at the top, you and 7ft Shaq etc. All you need is imagination, something big af and your phone. And a little tequila never hurts. I’ll highlight the TOP 5 this THURSDAY during my FIRST EVER INSTAGRAM LIVE before we launch our trailer. I’ll send the TOP 5 a bunch of free, new bad ass #ProjectRock gear. It’s @underarmour’s hottest selling collection of 2017 so get creative. Make sure you hashtag #BigMeetsBigger and #RampageMovie. Have fun. 🦍🥃🤙🏾
A post shared by therock (@therock) on Nov 13, 2017 at 11:50pm PST
Shorter than my cat! Savage.
So on Thursday, fans can expect both the trailer and Johnson’s’ first-ever Instagram Live, with his picks for the top five #BigMeetsBigger photos.
“Rampage” opens in theaters on April 20, 2018.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.