- The Week in Movie News: James Bond Found a New Director, First 'Captain Marvel' Trailer Arrived and More
- Today in Movie Culture: Animated 'Captain Marvel' Trailer, Alternate 'Avengers: Infinity War' Ending and More
- Comics on Film: Disney CEO Confirms Marvel Studios' 'X-Men' Films, Internet Is Weirdly Surprised
- Today in Movie Culture: What Makes Michael Myers So Iconic, the Versatility of Oscar Isaac and More
- Cary Fukunaga Will Direct the Next James Bond Movie; Here's Everything We Know
Who you gonna call? Not Bill Murray, if this ‘Ghostbusters 3’ tidbit from the Enquirer (via CinemaBlend) is to be believed (and it probably isn’t). Bill Murray was supposedly so displeased with the latest script for the long-in-the-works sequel that he shredded it and sent it back to Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd with a note stating, “No one wants to pay money to see fat, old men chasing ghosts!” It has long been reported that Murray is lukewarm at best about revisiting the ’80s franchise and many diehard fans feel the same way. Perhaps if the script involves zombies, Murray might consent to a cameo, at least.
Murray may have retired his proton pack, but he’s got other movies in the pipeline: ‘Hyde Park on Hudson’ (in which he plays Franklin D. Roosevelt) and ‘Moonrise Kingdom,’ which reteams him with director Wes Anderson, are both coming out in 2012.
Follow Moviefone on Twitter
Like Moviefone on Facebook