- 18 Million Watch Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Royal Wedding on TV in U.K.
- Tina Fey Navigates a Star-Studded Audience and Broadway in 'SNL' Hosting Return
- 'SNL': Tina Fey Revives Sarah Palin Impression in Hosting Return
- Robert De Niro Spies on Alec Baldwin's Trump in 'Sopranos'-Style 'SNL' Cold Open
- 'SNL': Mikey Day Introduces Guests at the Royal Wedding Reception as Prince Harry
In the summer of 2016, Suicide Squad introduced a new team of antiheroes to the DC cinematic universe. It proved to be a rip-roaring popular success, earning more than $745 million at the box office worldwide. Director David Ayer soon began working on a spin-off project, Gotham City Sirens, that would revolve around Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), leaving the inevitable Suicide Squad sequel in the hands of a director to be named later.
Reportedly, the candidates included Mel Gibson, Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland), Daniel Espinosa (Life) and Jonathan Levine (Snatched). In July we heard that Jaume Collet-Serra (The Shallows) was the front-runner for the job, but a short while later he dropped out of consideration, instead deciding to direct Disney’s action-adventure movie Jungle…