- 'Westworld': What the Season 2 Finale's Shocking Post-Credits Scene Means
- Critic's Notebook: 'Westworld' Took Its Time Opening the Door, But Season 3 Should Benefit From the Next Step Forward
- Netflix Airs 'Strong Black Lead' Spot Two Days After Firing PR Chief for Using 'N-Word’
- 'Westworld' Creator on Season 3: "It's Going to be a Whole New World"
- 'Westworld' Changes the Fabric of the Show With Violent Season 2 Finale
Guillermo del Toro has a new movie, which on its own is very exciting. Plus the trailer makes it look amazing, sort of like a cross between Hellboy and Pan’s Labyrinth. Well, it’s time to raise your anticipation even further, becauese The Shape of Water just premiered at the Venice Film Festival, and the response is overwhelmingly positive.
Del Toro has been up and down with critical favor throughout his career, but more than half of his features as a director are Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, and his average review score is 77.8%. The Shape of Water has a unanimously favorable 100% score right out of the gate, and we can assume it will remain one of his higher-rated efforts.
Here is what critics are saying in reviews…