- 'Game of Thrones' Co-Stars Kit Harrington and Rose Leslie Get Married
- Alec Baldwin Invites Melania Trump to Join His Donald on 'SNL'
- 'Nobodies' Canceled at TV Land/Paramount Network
- Week in 'Westworld': Everything to Know Before the Season Finale
- Late-Night Lately: Hosts Tackle Family Separation, Melania's Jacket, Pete Davidson and Ariana Grande Engaged
BB-8 is facing its dark side.
Robotics company Sphero unveiled a new “Star Wars” toy as part of #ForceFriday — and it’s an “evil” version of the lovably cute droid from “The Force Awakens.” The black and silver droid, called BB-9E, is used by the First Order and will appear in “The Last Jedi” this December.
I’m sorry, the old BB-8 can’t come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, ‘cuz she’s DEAD! pic.twitter.com/3LiloPl4MU
— Ryan MacLean (@TheRyanMacLean) August 31, 2017
Sphero created the BB-8 toy in 2015 and the specs on BB-9E are similar. The 4.4-inch app-controlled robot can roll, but unlike BB-8, can light up. The company is also launching a new R2-D2 toy.
Between BB-9E and the introduction of the porgs, adorably chubby penguin-like creatures, “The Last Jedi” may end up being the gosh-darn-cutest “Star Wars” movie ever.
“Star Wars: The Last Jedi” opens in theaters December 15.